Saturday I bummed around, cleaned, packed, got some fresh air, and went to the grocery store. Unfortunately, Sunday morning Katelyn and Beth came by my apartment asking if I wanted to go to Soyosan Mountain with them. Well, I was totally undecided. I hate decisions!! I really wanted to go to church to meet up with YoonMi, Eun Kyung, Eun Jung, Chi Hey, and Chi Eun. I also really wanted to go hiking. I mean, I only have one weekend left here, and I really didn’t wanna miss out. In fact, I decided to go to church that morning, but all I could think about was the fact that I wasn’t hiking. But soon service was over, we were all eating lunch, and I forgot all about it.
After church and surfing their internet for a bit, I went for a long walk around the Uijeongbu river all the way to Dobongsan , two subway stops south of Hyerong Station. There is a nice park in Dobongsan where you can see a beautiful view of all the mountains there, so I decided to stop and soak up the beautiful sun rays. It must have been 70F or so! However, that didn’t last long, as monsoon season has arrived, and the rain has so far made it quite chilly. Although most Koreans I’ve asked said that the chilly weather was unusual. It is still about 63F in my apartment. I only know this because there is a thermometer on my LLBean travel clock.
The Cherry Blossoms have come and gone to sprout new and beautiful bright green leaves. There is bright green grass and colorful flowers blooming along the river, which makes for a beautiful sight! I am going to miss being up north, so close to greenery and parks amongst the city, and just a 30-45 minute subway ride into Seoul. I have already been to Sincheon, Hongdea, Dongdeamoon, JongnoSamGa, and InsaDong, but have so much more to explore. Better fill up my subway card on a regular basis. It seems as though I am going to be using it quite a lot more than I have been.

Good to hear you are doing well. I am reading your Blog in Honduras. I will miss the Superbowl and Hope For The Heart.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Daddy