Monday, May 31, 2010

Surisan Mt. & Jamsil Stadium

Sooman and I picked Daddy up from the airport on Thursday, May 27th at 5:30pm. It is a 3 hour subway ride for me, so my principal gave me the day off. That night we ate at the food court in HomePlus near my house. Friday was a day for Daddy to rest, walk around, and come to visit me at school. Afterwards, we both walked around Jungwang and then went to Oido to look at the fish markets, west sea, mud, rocks, and light house (wow..exciting..hehe).

Saturday morning, Dad and I took the subway to Surisan, about five stops away, to go hiking. We hiked up to the first sumit and back in about 2 1/2 hours. Then we took the subway to Jamsil Stadium at Seoul Complex station. The baseball game was great. In Korea, professional baseball teams represent companies. There is SK telephone, Kia motors, Samsung, Doosan, etc. We watched the Samsung Lions play the Doosan Bears. I have never been to a baseball games in America, but I felt as though I was at a football game. The only difference is, the team's fans were not aggressive towards one another. There were hollow plastic balloon-like sticks that fans would bang together as they chanted cheers and songs to their team.

That night, Dad and I went two stops down to Seoul University to eat dinner. We found a traditional porridge restaurant, which was amazing. Daddy had crab porridge, and I had pumpkin with bean and rice cake. It was super delicious. For sides, we had cold, marinated beef (yummy), kimchee, some kind of hot stuff, and cold radish soup/drink. Dessert was at Paris Crassant. We then got back on the Subway, went home, and went to bed, as it was super late.

No comments:

Post a Comment