Monday, January 31, 2011
Teaching in Nepal?
I never really thought I would actually visit Rendell and Mrs. Teresa in Nepal. And when I came, never imagined I would want to stay. I have decided to come back on a one-way ticket to Nepal at the end of my contract. However, I will continually be in prayer about how God wants to use me here. I might have found a possible job at nearby American school. They are looking for certified teachers, but are impressed with my experience abroad, and therefore, might consider me. I will definitely send them my resume when back in Korea. And get this; it pays. I would initially have to come on a tourist visa (~$100 USD) that I could renew up to three months. During my time in Nepal, I could look for other ways of getting a visa. The administrative secretary of the school said that many teachers get a student visa and go to learn Nepali at school. Of course school cost money, and I'm not sure what the school I'd be working for would pay me, so this is all speculation. There is a guy who works with Sparks, the youth ministry for missionary kids, named Jeff who is wanting to start an international college ministry, and thought of me. I would obviously already have to have a visa to stay and do this, as well as make some money to live, so teaching and going to school might be the ticket. Not sure how this all works, but we'll see. Christianity is growing in Nepal. Why just the other day I was in a taxi with a Christian. However, the presence of Hindu and Buddhism is still quite strong, so the need for missionaries is great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We will join you in prayer that God will show you the path he would have you take and then provide you with the means to do his will. My heart cries with both sorrow and joy. Soon God will help the joy overcome the sorrow.
ReplyDeleteI congratulate you what you might decide. I was always in the middle of deciding what to do next and whether what I have decided was right or wrong. Let me telll you some of my experience. My nick name when I was in India was Zorddha. I made this name by myself. The reason why I made this name was this.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in medical school, I was only thinking about God and philosophy and service. I met Buddha at that time. But when I am kick out to the world, I was in a really confused about life. Then I decided to start from the bottom of the world. I met Zorba the Greek at that time.
Now I'm trying my best to balance between God and Life. Sometime God in me wins and Life in me wins the other time. I am happy now. I can accept both. I hope this comment will be a little help for you.
Thanks