Monday, January 17, 2011

My Cottage

I stay in a nice wooden cottage, similar to a cabin one might stay in on a camping trip. No air conditioning, no heat, cracks in the floor, open windows, tin roof, and so on. I must have been living in South Korea too long, because nature is quite loud at night!! Birds chirping, strange animals making strange noises, squirrels russling through the trees, roosters getting confused at what time of day it is and making a ruckus in the middle of the night, and dogs howling. My hot water is electric, and has a very small box that holds about 1 min of hot water, which means I eventually fouud the right switch. My bathroom floor is covered in rocks and four large tiles.

This morning I woke up, got dressed, came out to the dining area for breakfast, and found a European family that had been staying here for a week or so. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment