I saw Sharmila for the first time in a while tonight. We met up in Emart and had dinner. She ate McDonald's 'cause she's tired of Korean food, and I had the good 'ole BiBimbahp that I love. Sharmila had just come back from a two week vacation in India. She's Indian and speaks Hindi, which she said was incredibly helpful in getting around and sightseeing. So jealous of all the places she saw, and so jealous that she is going home to South Africa in a month. I then went upstairs to buy a notebook to record my blogs in. I really want to capture my day's events and feelings as they come. I got distracted by the digital notebooks I saw nearby. Windows XP is 399,000W and Windows 7 is 510,000W. When I get back from vacay, I will only have three months so I think that I could just tough it out 'til I get home. Or, I could buy one to take with me on vacation and use when I get back. It would work correctly, never crash and burn, and always catch the available internet around me. Gonna call Marcus in the morning to get his advice.
Packing for two different climates is a little difficult. However, 3 thin long sleeve shirts, 2 short sleeve shirts, 3 sweaters with undershirts, PJ's + short sleeve shirt, under-clothing, jeans, and toiletries in an appropriate airport-security size baggie have successfully fit into my backpack. I'm assuming there is no snow in either places, so I will just be wearing my hiking boots. Thinking about the whole jacket situation too.. Carrying around that large winter coat in 70F weather in Bangkok won't be fun. Yet needing a large jacket in Kathmandu and not having one won't be fun either. Had a known that I was going to get a week-long vacation at the end of February, I would have spent these two weeks in Thailand and then go for one in Nepal. Certaingly would solve the climate/wardrobe problem.
Tomorrow, sleeping in, finish packing, wash dishes, clean, do laundry. Sunday, leave ridiculously early for the airport.

No comments:
Post a Comment