Filling: Onions, ginger, buffalo, oil, salt
Dough: wheat flour, water
Sauce: tomato, oil, garlic, onion
Cooking: Mix filling ingredients in large bowl, mix dough ingredients in another bowl, flatten dough and cut into small circles, place filling ingredients in center of dough, and pinch/fold to close dumpling into a crimped half-moon shape.
Sahg (greens)
Ingredients: greens, garlic, oil, chili, tomato, cumin, tumeric, salt
Cooking: Fry garlic in oil, add greens & spices, add tomatoes, and cook for 4-6 minutes in wok
Dheedo (thick cornmeal paste)
Ingredients: equal parts super-fine cornmeal (or wheat) and water
Cooking: Boil water, slowly add in meal while working out the lumps, and cook until smooth.
**Usually doesn't have much flavor on it's own, but is eaten with sahg**
**Typically eaten in mountainous regions where rice cannot grow**
Tacali (vegetable stir fry)
Ingredients: potatoes, chili, mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, tomato, garlic, cumin, tumeric,salt
Cooking: Stir fry ingredients based on various cooking times, cook thoroughly.
Dhal (lentils)
Ingredients: lentil, water, garlic, salt, turmeric, green chili
Cooking: cook thoroughly until soupy
**Eaten with rice and called "Dhal Bhat" which means "lentil rice"**
I've also had this amazing yogurt sold in clay pots inside various corner stores. I'm not sure how they make it, but it's soo incredibly delicious that I am certain it is worth all of it's fat-milk-calories. I've never tasted anything like it before, and probably won't again. One man referred to it as "Bahkdapur juju dahi," which means "Bahkdapur king of yogurt."

Uhm~ sounds yummy.
ReplyDeleteLet me have some in Korea.