I was going to talk to my mom on Skype this morning, but the electricity was out. Hmm...sad day. Can't talk to mom. Oh, well....I called her. I'll get my bill when I get back, and it might not be pretty, but I called her. I use a 1688-5959 prefix that Sooman told me about that should be cheaper. Anyway, turns out that not having electricity for a short time is quite common. There are many people in one apartment complex all using electricity, so sometimes it just gives out.
After walking around a bit, Hyeji and I went to the cafeteria, where there is free dinner served every evening at 5:30pm. We arrived at 5:35pm, picked up a tray, served ourselves some rice, kimchee, bean sprout, tofu with potato, and cold soup. I was pretty excited about eating it too, because can't cook Korean food at home. However, there were only two people when we came, and awkwardly, no one but us shortly after. We were asked to hurry by the kitchen lady, which was strange because it was only 5:40pm at that time. So Hyeji and I just stopped eating, through or food away, washed our trays, and left. Shame... The kitchen lady told Hyeji that they were closing early because there weren't many people that came to eat. I guess we didn't matter to them.
After our half eaten dinner, Hyeji got on a bus to go to her house, and I got on the subway to go to Emo's house. Hyeji is studying to teach English as a foreign language, and will take a national exam November 2011. Because of this, she has joined a study group that meets three days a week in the morning. In preparation for this meeting, it is best for her to spend the evening in her home the night before. I've just been taking the subway and meeting her at Busan National University in the afternoon.
Near her university are lots of stores, so we spent some time window shopping before our temple adventure. I want to buy a big purse because it is quite the fashion statement in Korea, and I think they look nice. And ya know...I found one. A nice easter yellow one. It had short handles, as well as a large one for the over-the-shoulder look. Inside was quite spacious with a middle zipper section, and two small pockets on the side. Nice, right?! The price...well, I forgot to tell you that this was real Korean leather. The price was 65,000W!! Shame man!! Real shame! Although I can't get it off my mind. I'm not even a purse person.

No comments:
Post a Comment