After lunch, EunJoo (the third grade English teacher) and I started planning for summer camp. This is what we have decided so far. Both of us get 20 days vacation, so we wanted to split that up into winter and summer. It is up to us to decide when and how to teach. We should teach 240 students total during English camp. We thought we would split that up into 3 weeks during summer and 3 weeks during winter. Each week will have 2 classes, and each class will be 20 students, for a total of 40 students a week, and 120 students a camp. Times two camps, that equals 240 students total. School ends on July 20th. July 21st-23rd will serve as planning days. Week one: 7/26-7/30, week two: 8/2-8/6, week three: 8/9-8/13. I will have off from August 16th-August 27th, and then school starts on August 30th.
I definitely want to make English camp fun for the students (4th & 5th graders). So I will be quite busy looking for fun activities for them. EunJoo and I will meet tomorrow after lunch to discuss some ideas.
I taught the teacher's English class today for the first time. I was quite nervous...especially since the first person to show up was the vice principal. The topic ended up being "Experiencing New Things," which was perfect because I'm new to Korea. Many teachers liked to listen to my experiences and talk about their own. That was great, because free-talking is the whole point of the class. Everyone had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so PROUD OF YOU and I love you.
ReplyDelete