I went to a nearby church about a 5 minute walk from my apartments. I have to say that I've never lived in a city as dark as Uijeongbu, so going to church and being surrounded by wonderful Koreans and great food was like a breath of fresh air and familiarity. I had no idea what the pastor was saying, but my new friend Eun Jung would translate for me during and after the service. I met many new Korean friends, which touched my heart, because I had only known the other foreigners so far. Anyone that knows me understands how much more familiar having Korean (or other Asian) friends is than having foriegner (American/white-skinned) friends. We had service, dinner, choir practice, and another service. The pastor is so wonderful. He told me that I could stay at church as long as I wanted to. They have a Wednesday night service with supper that I plan to attend. Eun Jung is unable to go because she currently lives in Seoul, which is quite far.
Nashly, some of my new Korean friends, and I plan to have lunch in Insa-Dong this Saturday night. Still cleaning the apartment. So far I spent $80 on cleaning supplies and the mold and mildew are coming off...yeah!!
The computer is needed, so I have to go. No internet yet.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like your making progress. Go get em! Couple more months you may even have a place for me to stay.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Daddy
you should enjoy insadong! there are many traditional things, cafes, and food!
ReplyDeleteteresa and rendell left yesterday. they might arrive in nepal now!
enjoy your korean life~^^
take care!!!!
My friend's husband lived in South Korea for awhile and they say that mold and mildew are a recurring problem. You'll have to buy stock in Clorox. Do they sell Clorox there?
ReplyDelete