Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mom's here!!

I left my apartment at 11:30am on Saturday September 18th in time to catch the 12:00pm subway. I rode from Jeongwang (where I live) to Geumjeong on line 4, Geumjeong to Guro on line 1, Guro to Bupyeong on line 1 (line 1 splits in two), Bupyeong to Gyeyang on the Incheon line, and from Gyeyang to Incheon International on the airport line. I was sitting on a bench in front of gate C by 3:00pm, 30 minutes prior to mom's scheduled arrival. Of course luggage claim and customs took some time, which was to be expected, so I didn't see her until 4:30pm. Yah! She had finally arrived!! We stopped by Korea's famous Paris Baguette to grab me a hot mozzarella and tomato-basil sandwich (the first and most likely last I will ever see) before heading back on the airport railroad towards Gimp National Airport for our 7:55pm (45 minute) scheduled flight to Jeju Island.

After arriving in Jeju and collecting our luggage, we walked outside the gate to find a taxi driver holding up a piece of paper that read "Katherine." Hoping and assuming it was for us, we followed him to his black, plush, leather interior, pre-paid taxi where we put our luggage in the trunk and buckled in for an hour-long drive through the country and mountain roads. We checked in quite late to our hotel, so a nice hot shower and bed were the only things that night was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment